Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Shop Update!

Hello my lovelies!  

It's been awfully quiet around here the last couple weeks; so sorry about that.  I'm starting to feel like myself again which is positively thrilling me to pieces.  I still have a bad day every week, or I don't always handle stress the best way I possibly could, but I'm doing much better. I've actually been waking up BEFORE my alarm clock lately...something I can't ever remember doing before.  Yay for drugs*!

I have news though!  I've really missed having a store of some type, but a crochet shop is out of the question (my carpal tunnel is ridiculous and gets worse with every stitch I crochet).  I feel like having a shop gives me something to DO...something more than just being a wife and a mother.  It gives me something that is mine alone, that will either fail or succeed by my hand alone.  I missed having something like that to work on.  

So, I came up with another craft!  Anyone wanna take a guess?  If you're my fan on facebook, I broke the news earlier today...if you missed it, here's a hint:


Any guesses?  

Here's another hint:



Got it yet?  


Alright I'll just tell you.  



I'm making friendship bracelets!  They'll be sold in sets (like the one pictured and others) more than likely.  I'm so excited about this project guys!  The color possibilities are endless, and I finally found something that won't aggravate my carpal tunnel!  

I'm going to work my butt off these next couple weeks in order to be ready to open May 1st with a whole shop full of beautiful bracelets in all different colors and sizes (adults and kids)!  I'm hoping to start collecting some vintage jewelry to incorporate into the bracelets, as well as make headbands and even belts too! 

What do you guys think?  Are you as excited as I am?  Any color combinations you'd like me to make?   




*I'm on Prozac.  I was on it before; back in college before I had even met Brandon.  It was the first antidepressant I had ever been on, and I remembered it helping then, so I decided to go back to it.  I was put on Zoloft when I was pregnant with Piper, tried Effexor in Alaska, and Wellbutrin about six months ago.  Hated all of those.  Zoloft didn't do anything for me.  Effexor made me feel like I was a shell of myself.  Wellbutrin made me nauseous as hell.  So, I'm back to Prozac and feeling wonderful.  So far I haven't noticed any side effects, which is awesome.  I realize anti-depressants aren't the best things in the world for us, but I personally feel the benefits outweigh the possible negative effects.  I need their help to keep my sanity.  That being said, I don't plan on being on Prozac for the rest of my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment