Tuesday, February 7, 2012

So, here's the thing...

um...
...I don't know.*

I've obviously missed two (now three) regular posts and I've been sitting here thinking about that, and trying to figure out WHY I feel guilty about it.  Almost like I didn't turn in a homework assignment.  Which is absolutely ridiculous, because this is MY blog and I decide what I write and when it gets published.  

While I love the idea of having regular features most days of the week, I just don't feel like it jives with my personality.  The moment I feel like I HAVE to do something, I start to hate it.  Not even joking.  I've had so much fun crocheting in these last few weeks because I'm working on stuff that I want to work on.  Not orders.  Not requests.  Not things I promised to people.  Whatever the hell I feel like working on at that moment in time, I work on.  

So I'm not going to do all the features I was doing.  I think I'll still keep up with Piper's lunch posts, but that's probably it (until I get Project Life pages done...I finally sat down and made my cover page yesterday).  The rest of the week I'll just blog about what I feel like blogging about, whether it's a new paleo recipe, something I'm crocheting, or an epic game of Uno that lasted almost an hour**.  

I want this blog to be an escape for me; somewhere I can come to just write about whatever is on my mind that the people around me don't necessarily want to hear about constantly.  I want to be able to write about creative things when I feel creative, about political things when I feel political, about weightloss and/or paleo when I'm feeling super motivated.  

I hope that makes sense, and I hope that my few readers stick around :).  

* This is a huge inside joke between me and my husband.  A couple Christmasses ago, we were in the middle of our move to North Dakota and were spending the holidays in Utah with family.  All four of us were sleeping in my parent's basement.  A couple nights before Christmas, Brandon and I were up late arguing about Santa traditions (I honestly can't even remember exactly what we were disagreeing about...I think it was when the presents are wrapped. His family wrapped ALLLLLL the presents on Christmas Eve, mine wrapped them as they were bought and then Santa brought his on Christmas Eve).  The room we were sleeping in didn't have a door, so we were whispering and trying not to wake up the kids with either our well-thought out points or giggles, when all of a sudden I interrupt him and say, "Here's the thing... ...um ... ...I don't know." We both laughed SO HARD I still cannot to this day believe we didn't wake the kids up.  

** I seriously think Piper has figured out that she can put off bedtime by hoarding cards instead of putting them down.  The game we played last night lasted soooooo long it was insane. 

3 comments:

  1. I have the same approach to my blog, for the most part. I can almost never commit to a feature because somewhere along the way I just sort of stop wanting to do it. Kudos to you for recognizing that it's not your thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I feel like I like the idea of having regular features...but I just can't keep up with it. Too much of an I-have-to-do-this-right-now feeling.

      Delete
  2. Im staying! I try to blog everyday but I am always gonna take the weekends off and if i miss a day here or there too bad, i think my catch phrase is i will try to keep up...lol!

    ReplyDelete