Sunday, February 19, 2012

Getting to Know Me!




I was tagged by Velma to do this cute little Getting To Know You post, and since I haven't posted since what, Monday, I figured I should do it:)  I always like reading these little quiz things...remember when they were all the rage on myspace? Ahhh...myspace.  Those were the days. 



There are six "rules"
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post (i.e., Velma's for me).
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.
6. No saying, "If you are reading this, you're tagged. 



11 Random Things About Me:


1. I'm kind of lazy.  It's something I'm working on, but yeah...I definitely didn't accomplish much today.  
2. I talk. A lot. 
3. My high school graduation was held in a cathedral that was built in the 11th century.  
4. I'm a lefty.
5. I love to go to the movies.  Doesn't even matter what I go see or if I'm by myself or with friends/family...I just really like going to the movies.   
6. I am very much an introvert, and start to go a little crazy without a day to just sit and veg by myself every once in a while.  
7. Either my nose or my ears are a little uneven, and now that I'm taking more photos of myself, I'm noticing how crooked my glasses are on a regular basis.  My next pair absolutely must have adjustable nose pads.  
8. I love that I can create.  Whether it's crocheting, scrapbooking, or packing bento lunches, being creative makes me so happy.  
9. I love the Harvest Moon and Professor Layton games. 
10. I converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (mormon) my senior year in high school.  I've since 'fallen away', as they say, but it still made a big impact on my life and have no ill-will whatsoever towards the church.
11. I wore red lipstick for the first time yesterday and I *loved* it.  (photo above)


Velma's 11 questions for me:



1. Where would you love to travel?  
I would love to go back to Europe again!  I miss it so much, and just think it would be so awesome to show my husband and kids where I grew up.  


2. What is your guilty pleasure?
...I'm kind of a shopoholic.  It's definitely something I've had to learn to keep in check, and in all honesty, I could probably still use some work.  I just love to shop.  Doesn't matter what or who it's for, either!  

3. What super-hero power would you like to have?
I'd like to be able to clone myself.  It'd be so great to be able to spread myself as thin as I wanted and not have to figure out how to be in eight places at one time.  

4. What is your least favorite food?
Beets.  So gross.  But, I do juice them and don't mind them.  So I guess it's just the gross canned/preserved/pickled (whatever they are) ones that I don't like.  

5. Do you have a movie that you find that you quote a lot and throw it into random conversations? What is it?
Oh geez.  I wish my husband were the one doing this little quiz!  He's constantly quoting movies, whether it's Step Brothers, Talladaga Nights, or Gramma's Boy.  He jokes that every time I see a movie is the first time, whether I've seen it before or not.  I forget movies/tv shows pretty quickly after I watch them.  Not like, the general story line, but quotes and details just go in one ear and out the other.  


6. What are you most proud of yourself for?
My marriage.  Obviously it is a work in progress (as every marriage is), but I really feel like my husband and I have put a lot of effort into creating this partnership together and I just love it.  I love that my kids see us laughing together every day, and that they see us supporting one another in all of our adventures.  


7. What did you want to grow to be when you were a kid?
I wanted to be a teacher for the LONGEST time...all the way up until my senior year in high school, in fact.  I still don't know what I want to be profession-wise...I'm pretty happy being a mom and a wife for now.  

8. What is your favorite breakfast food?
Two eggs, spicy ground sausage, and broccoli all scrambled together! So good.  Even better when I top it with salsa and/or avocado! 


9. What is your favorite place to craft when you are away from the house?
There's an indoor playground at the community center on base; I tend to get more done there than I do at home!  Less distractions :)


10. What is your favorite city to visit?
I'm having the hardest time answering this question!  My first instinct was Las Vegas, but I've only been there once!  I think I just am so desperate to sneak away for a weekend alone with my husband, and Las Vegas seems like the most anti-kid place to sneak away too so it's at the top of my list!  

11. When you are the famous crafty person, what famous person do you want to play you in the movie that make about your amazing life?
Sandra Bullock.  I just love her to pieces.  


11 Questions for Olivia from oliveoh, Jess from IROCKSOWHAT, Janee from Yellow Bird, Yellow Beard and Heather from motherAWESOME:

1. If you could spend one day eating/drinking whatever you wanted without ANY negative repercussions whatsoever, what would you ingest? 
2. Pretend I'm rich and offer you a $1000 gift card to whichever store you choose.  Which one?  
3. Would you rather live in a small town or a big city?
4. What would you most like to be famous for?  
5. What's your favorite accent?
6. Tomorrow's going to be 25 hours instead of 24. What will you spend your extra hour doing?
7. What's the most disgusting (to others) thing you love to eat?
8. Which is worse: horrible drivers or horrible parkers?
9. What's your favorite Girl Scout Cookie? 
10. If you could only watch one tv show for the rest of the year, what would it be?
11. Would you rather always dress like a skank or a nun? 

3 comments:

  1. YEAH! thanks for answering these!!!!! Oh Myspace! ha ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tagged you in my recent blog post, play again if you like lol. http://colemanscrazymama.blogspot.com/2012/02/getting-to-know-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finally getting on this, I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete