Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday!

Hello my lovelies!

I'm feeling a bit better after my pity fest yesterday, mostly because my husband is coming home today!  I plan on doing absolutely nothing but snuggling with him and the kids the whole 40-odd hours he will be home.  Well, snuggle and crochet, because I just cannot put this blanket down!

My brother and sister in law are having their first baby in April, and so of course I jumped at the chance to make another blanket!  Afghans are my favorite thing ever to crochet, and a tiny little part of me is extremely excited to be able to make more of them now that my shop is closed.  shhhhhhh:)

Anyway, Matt and Dez are having a little boy, and she sent me this photo so I could see which colors his room is going to be :


So cute, right? Her mom is making the bedding, and I just love the fabric they chose, especially the one on the bottom there with all the boy sayings :) 



I dug around in my yarn stash and was able to match the colors pretty well, I think!  I get really excited when I already have all the yarn I need for a project, cause it means I can get started right away.  



And get started I did!  I did all this yesterday :)  I just can't put it down!  I've already added two and a half more rows today.  I'm using this pattern, and interlocking the colors like Lucy of Attic24's ripple.  I just fell in love with the random-but-not-so-random color placement of hers, I knew I had to try it.  And I figured this pattern would be perfect, since Dez loves stars and it has super pointy zig zags....kind of like stars, right? Right? Alright, I might be pushing it, but I still really love it.  


The color pattern is really fun...I made this little chart to help me plan it out.  I'm a planner, what can I say.  The blank lines will be the white rows.  Can you see the pattern?  I love how all the colors will just sort of blend into one another.  I kinda wish I had split up the blues, but I don't want to rework everything I've already done, and now that I'm actually a few more rows in (I'm finishing up the second of the double row of light blue) I think it'll be fine just the way I planned it out.  I'll obviously repeat this pattern over and over till the blanket is big enough..the pattern calls for 110 rows so we'll see.  

What do you guys think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment