Saturday, January 28, 2012

January Photo Challenge Week Four

Time for the Instagram photo challenge round up!  My username on Instagram is sophieplayshooky; come follow me!  If you don't have instagram, download it!  It's free and awesome, I promise.  If you don't have an iPhone, no worries!  You can follow my photo feed here :) 

On to the photos!


Shoes!  I find that I'm most productive on days I wear tennis shoes around the house, so I've been lacing these puppies up every day this week.  It's kind of worked.  My house is still a hot mess, but not nearly as bad as it was last week, so that's progress, right? 


Me.  Brandon and I went to bed at 9:30 Monday night.  I started watching a friend's daughter for a couple hours before school, and she comes over at 6:15...a full hour and a half before I used to wake up to get Piper ready for school. But!  I love having her here because it's made getting Piper ready for school SO much easier.  She literally pops out of bed in the morning now, eats breakfast every day, and didn't let out a single whine all week long.  I'll sacrifice a couple hours of sleep for that.  


Oh amazon, I love you and your free two-day shipping for Prime members.  You make me oh so happy.  


The ripple blanket for my nephew is coming along nicely!  My carpal tunnel has been really acting up lately, so I'm managing 1-2 rows a day which sucks cause I'd really love to be doing more.  But, he's not due till April so I should finish in plenty of time, even at this slow pace.  


Beck found our fingerpaints, and I let him at it.  We've been cooped up in the house all week while Brandon's at school and are both feeling the effects.  I gotta figure out more fun activities for him to do like this, cause he loved it!  


Yummmmmmmm.  I made Scotch Eggs!  I'll be posting the recipe for these babies on Tuesday, so come back if you're looking for grab-and-go breakfast ideas.  I warmed one up this morning and it was just as awesome!  


I really like how the edit came out on this photo.  I was driving to the grocery store today to grab milk and MORE produce and couldn't resist snapping a shot of the sun peaking through the clouds.  

2 comments:

  1. Love the ripple- can you tell me how many skeins of yarn it takes to do a crib size?? I think I want to try that instead of grannies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using this pattern: http://www.caron.com/projects/ss/ss2_zigzag_baby_blanket.html and it calls for about 1800 yards of yarn, but the pattern is written in single crochet (sc) and I'm doing double crochet (dc), so I'm honestly not sure how much yarn I'm going to need. If you follow their pattern exactly though, you can easily figure out how many skeins you'll need to get the total yardage. It'll vary depending on which type of yarn you use, but like Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn has about 355 yards per skein, so you'd need a little more than 5 skeins. I think I'll end up using two of each color to finish mine, so 10.

      Delete