Saturday, January 7, 2012

January Photo Challege

I have a confession.

I might be a little more than obsessed with Instagram.

I love it!  It takes all the blah blah blah out of social networking and gets straight to my favorite part: beautiful, inspiring photos.  It make it really easy to find people who share the same interests as you, and also to form relationships with your favorite bloggers! (I may have done a little happy dance when Rachel Denbow of Smile and Wave started following me)

Instagram is an iPhone app (that's 100% free) that allows you to share photos with TONS of people (or just those you choose...you can make your profile private).  It comes with a lot of really awesome filters for your photos as well!  My favorites are Valencia, Hefe, Rise, and Lomo-fi.  Make sure you add tags to your photos, so other people can find them!  I've found so many talented crocheters, bento-lunch packers, and lots of women trying to lose weight too, just by searching for tagged photos.  My username is @sophieplayshooky , so make sure you come find me!    If you don't have an iPhone, you can still look around instagram and comment and like people's photos by going to Statigram .

Anyway, there's a January photo challenge happening right now on instagram, and it was started by Chantelle of Fat Mum Slim (@fatmumslim).  It's so fun!  Here's all the prompts:


If you wanna join in, just start tagging your challenge photos #janphotoaday!  I like it because it's getting me in the habit of taking a photo every day (I'm doing a photo a day project this year).  I usually do take at least one photo every day, but this is helping me to actually think about my shots and plan them out somewhat rather than just snapping away.  

Here's my photos so far, for those of you who aren't on instagram.  


I took this in the wee hours of the night. I have a really hard time going to sleep on the nights Brandon is in the fields; it's a combination of being unable to wind down from all the stress and just not liking sleeping alone. 


I juiced all this for breakfasts for the next few days :)  


Totally cliche, but it's true.  I adore these two.  


Piper LOVES to check mail.  Like, seriously LOVES it.  I almost missed getting this shot since she ran out the door without me!  


I've had these shoes since Piper was a baby, and they're still my most comfortable pair.  I paid like $6 for them on clearance.  


I am in love with this blanket so far!  


Lately, my bed has been my favorite place.  I've spent so much time there these past two days, it's almost embarassing.  I have to literally force myself to get out of bed in the morning, and lie back down every chance I get.  I need a long vacation.  Or a stiff drink.  


When this challenge is done, I'll be posting my Project Life pages for my photo-a-day project.  Some will be duplicates, and I have to wait for my supplies to come in the mail anyway, so I figure I'll just start posting the pages in February :)



No comments:

Post a Comment