Tuesday, January 31, 2012

No more.



Chelsey over at The Paper Mama is hosting a Self Photo Challenge from now till February 13th! She's giving away a $100 credit towards a family portrait, so get to blogging about yourself peeps!  Even if you don't have a blog, check out her challenge post because it's got a really great message.  I've let what other people think hold me back too many times in the past, and it's posts like hers that inspire me to say, "No more."  I've been putting off bleaching and re-dying my hair for way too long because I've been going back and forth about dying it a normal color again.  Brandon's upcoming ALS graduation dinner has me a bit nervous...it's a cocktail attire shindig and I might feel a little awkward walking next to my husband in his dress mess uniform with purple or blue hair.  He assures me he doesn't care, but I know I'll stick out like a sore thumb.  And you know what, I think I'm okay with that.  I like my colored hair, my husband likes my colored hair, so I'm sticking with it.  

Anyway, Chelsey's asked us to fill out this little survey about what we're Currently doing, so here's mine :)



Obsessing over…
United States of Tara!  Why oh WHY did I wait so long to watch this show?!  Brandon and I have made our way through the first season in the last couple days and I'm loving every second of it. 
Working on…
Oh so much.  Kaden's baby blanket, a Valentine's gift for my swap partner Velma , a soccer ball hat for my friend Jessica's little man, Piper's cross stitch baby announcement (yep...she's almost six and I'm still working on it), AND my babette blanket.  I've been rotating between projects daily and so far it works out nicely.  
Thinking about…
The major changes that could be taking place within the next few years, and how I hate all the uncertainty of the military.  
Anticipating…
Paying off our dang car within the next few days!  That $430 a month payment suckssssss.  
Listening to…
The Shins.  I love The Shins.  
Eating…
Paleo, and loving it still!  Although tonight I did have some incredibly delicious spiced chai frozen yogurt this afternoon that made me extremely thankful Tutti Frutti swaps out their flavors regularly.  Otherwise I'd be making way too many trips for some spiced chai yumminess.  
Wishing…
I didn't have carpal tunnel.  It's so frustrating to be held back from doing the one thing I really truly love by tingly fingers and aching wrists.  

5 comments:

  1. You had me at The Shins. Let's be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool idea!!!! I wish you didn't have carpal tunnel either!!! AND I love the Shins!!!!!!!! They came to Austin and were amazing live!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velma I'm so jealous! My friend from High School said they're coming to Vegas in April I think? Really wishing we could afford to go then instead of maybe going this summer!

      Delete