Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A whole lotta new!

Happy 2011 all!  I wrote the date today (when purchasing a brand spanking new washer and dryer...stupid base housing at Minot doesn't equip their homes with them!)...man it felt weird!  I can't believe I only have a year and a half left until my ten year high school reunion...TEN YEARS!  So crazy. 

I'm starting the new year off, well, new!  New home, new friends, new mentality, new goals...everything's brand spanking new and I couldn't be happier about it!  New-ness suits me just fine :)

Minot AFB, North Dakota is my new home...we flew in Sunday afternoon.  So far it's white, flat, and cold.  Brandon keeps hearing horrible things about this place and I keep hearing good things, so we're just going to stay positive and make the best of it while we're here!  We ended up getting a house Monday afternoon, which is so crazy fast I still can't believe it!  It's not my dream house, persay, but then again it's base housing so there'd probably be things I didn't like about it even if it was a bigger, more open floorplan.  Mostly I'm just worried about the Beckster...he gets in to EVERYTHING and I really don't want to spend my days being his shadow.  We'll be investing in some kiddie gates for sure. 

I'm excited to decorate my new house though, and will for sure be involving you guys in it!  We are considerably better off financially after this move than we were in Alaska so I have a little money to spend on decorating.  Yippeeee! 

New friends are a.w.e.s.o.m.e!  I met Lindsay of Pixies and Bears somehow through the web and then Sandi of Nioi before we even moved here and I freaking love them already!  I went to Sandi's house this morning for super duper delicious berry muffins and coffee and the kids and I had so much fun!  Very excited to get to know this group of ladies more.  :)

Mentality wise, I've just decided to take a different approach to life in general.  I'm tired of getting stressed about the little things.  I'm just going to smile and try my best to make the best of things...if this base ends up sucking as much as we keep hearing it's going to, then I'll do my best to make our home a haven from the suckiness.  If Brandon ends up getting stuck at the missile fields for a week straight, then I'll find a sitter and give myself an hour off instead of getting stressed and panicky. 

And now the goals!  This is the best part..........I'm going back to school!  University of Phoenix has a bachelor's in English program entirely online!  I would much rather go to class, but with the kiddos and Brandon's unpredictable schedule, this is the best I can do.  I'm so excited though...I'll hopefully be starting February 1st. 

Shopwise, I've decided to focus my efforts on hats and amigurumi.  Those are the two things I enjoy making the most, and seem to be to things people enjoy buying the most too, so it works out great!  I'm going to bust my butt once I get the house unpacked to get things made and organized so I can reopen my shop and hit it full force.  I'm also going to make a bigger effort to connect with my customers (you!) by regularly blogging and facebooking...I want to start doing tutorials and DIY project ideas...all that good stuff! 

And now that I've written a novel, I'm gonna sign off.  Hope your new year is going well so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment