So I realized today that a lot of new stuff is going on that most of you don't know about because, well, I'm a horrible friend. Here is my update...and I promise I'll try better at being your friend. :-)
1. Piper is a year old (well, a year and a month now). No more counting her age in months. It drives me nuts when people say their child is 23 months or 18 months or whatever. Come on. I debated counting my age in months for a bit...but forgoed that idea when I had to bust out a calculator to figure it out (I'm not very good at multiplying by 12.) (If you're curious, I'm 277 months old.)
2. I lost my job at Fairchild. Lame, but people were being dicks there so a tiny part of me was thrilled. That tiny part was also the part that has no concept of budgeting or saving money...so it was a bad thing. But, I have a new job...working for the Devil...Walmarts. I'm working at the new one by my house (on 9000 S and like 1000 E) as an overnight stocker. It sounds like it sucks ass but I don't mind it. It's less stressfull than FC and I get paid more. And the schedule works better...at least Brandon is getting sleep now.
3. Speaking of Brandon, we changed our wedding plans. We are going to Vegas and getting married at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding chapel on Thursday, May 17th at 7:00 PM. No, I'm not kidding. It's way cheaper this way and assloads less stressfull. We're pretty stoked about it. You're more than welcome to come, but if you can't make it, you can watch the wedding online if you go to http://www.vivalasvegasweddings.com/live_internet_weddings.htm and click on the Outdoor Gazebo Wedding Chapel link.
4. In lieu of a wedding, we will be having some sort of party when we get back into town. More details when we figure them out ourselves.
5. Piper news: She's walking...has been since March 10 I think? But yeah...she just doesn't stop now. It's funny, but tiring at the same time.
We got her ears pierced a few weeks ago, but get this: she pulled them out yesterday. I'm not kidding. I was getting her dressed yesterday morning in this outfit mom got her and said, "It's a good thing you have your ears pierced kiddo, otherwise people would think you're a little boy!" (the outfit was a green sleevless polo and green shorts...it had flowers and a few pink stripes but people are stupid). Then I noticed the cute little flowers were missing from her lobes, and checked her crib, where, sure enough, they were. AAAAAGGGGHHHH. There goes $40. Brandon and I decided we're not piercing them again until she begs us, so we can say, "We pierced them for you once, and you pulled them out. This time, you pay for it." Then we'll make her do obscure chores like scrubbing the doorframes with a toothbrush or brushing the cat to earn the cashflow. We're horrible parents. :-)
6. My sister is graduating High School in like, two weeks. I can't believe it.
7. I've been scrapbooking like a fiend. I uploaded some pictures of the most recent pages I did. I'm pretty proud of them.
Anyway, I think that's pretty much it. I will be taking Piper face for a walk in the park tomorrow I think, so if anyone would like to enjoy the pretty sunshine with us, give me a ring.