Friday, December 8, 2006

hi.

So it's nearing the end of another year, and since I am stuck-at-home-car-and-baby-less, I figured I would wrap this year up now while I have the chance.
All in all it was a good one, full of enough surprises and challenges to whet my appetite.
I wish I would have done a few things differently, but at the same time, if I hadn't, I wouldn't be where I am today.
My best memory of this year would have to be holding my daughter for the first time.
I haven't really given much thought to any other "bests" or "favorites" of this past year.....honestly, it's flown by so fast I couldn't really tell you one way or another.
I'm happy, overall. I wish I had a few more friends, or that a few more of my friends lived down the street and had children too so that we had more to talk about. I wish I had more time to scrapbook. I wish I had the time to go to art shows...to an occasional movie...to a restaraunt I've never been to. I wish I had someone to sleep next to every night.
It's amazing how much having children changes your life. Even when they aren't in the same vicinity as you, they're still there. She's all I really have to talk about anymore, and part of me hates that, mostly because I'm sure I'm a bore to whomever it is I'm speaking to. Whatever.
My mom and I took Piper to see Santa today. She smiled so big. The photographer asked us to just keep coming through the line all day so she felt like she was doing a good job (a lot of kids were scared to smile).
I decorated my first Christmas tree this year. And I made most of the ornaments...cool huh? Here are a couple pictures.


I'm pretty damn proud of it.
Anyway, life is great. I love my job, I love my kid, and for the most part, I love my life. Now if I could only find someone to love me...:-)
Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment