Friday, December 30, 2005

it's snowing.

So I woke up at noon today, watched Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and made my way to the kitchen to feed the cats (I'm house sitting for my family while they're in Washington). Anyway, I look out the window and HOLY CRAP IT'S SNOWING.
normally, this wouldn't be such a freak-out moment, it is December in Utah. But we've had weather in the high 40s and even 50s for the past couple weeks.....I was not expecting to see little white flakes of happiness fluttering about.
so 2006, huh? That's pretty exciting. I'll tell you what though, I'm starting to feel old. And having a child isn't going to help the matter. :-) Speaking of my little one, everything is fantastic. Got another craving: Cherry. Cherry Coke. Cherry yogurt. Cherry popsicles. Cherries. it's weird.
I'm getting to that stage of pregnancy where I'm uncomfortable, and it sucks. I'm not quite screaming "GET HER OUT OF ME", but the back ache and past two days of piercing rib pain (caused by inflared nerves in my rib cage, caused by my organs being forced to make room for my ever expanding uterus) are NOT making it easy to get sleep. Which sucks, cause boy am I ever tired. All the time.
To top it all off, I'm playing this tug of war type game with my ever present thirst and not wanting to have to pee every half hour. AGH.
So here's my bests of 2005:
Movie: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Concert: Aquabats, when the Epoxies opened for them. Pure joy.
Vacation: probably the last road trip I took with Brandon...even though I got a speeding ticket and a baby in my womb.
CD: Rise Against. I could listen to that cd all day.
Living arrangement: The dorms. Lame huh. But I really miss living next door to Levi and Shohei and across the street from Jonna face.
Clutzy moment: Slipping on the ice in the parking lot to our apartments with Jonna after she persuaded me to spend money at Old Navy.
Reunion: Wade and Damon a couple weeks ago in Ephraim. I missed those two.
Job: There were quite a few this year, but I'd have to say my job now. I love it, and I love the people I work with even more. Sucks I've been so sick.
Christmas Present: My parents shocked me. They got me a new car stereo, a new stereo, and a digital camera. I'm spoiled.
Experience: Going to the doctor for our 20 week ultrasound and hearing and seeing that everything about our daughter was exactly as it should be....amazing. I think the doctor was in love with her heart, "I could just look at this heart all day! It's perfect!!" Kind of freaky, but sweet nonetheless.
And the snow is still coming down. It's only been snowing for an hour at most and there's easily an inch and a half on the ground. And the TV stopped working.

No comments:

Post a Comment